We have expertise across various domains like Finance, E-commerce, Supply-chain & Manufacturing,
Health care, Insurance, Telecom, Retail and Public sector projects.
The Senior ETL Developer will be responsible for design and development of ETL in support of data
management. The role will cover full systems development life cycle (SDLC) phases including
requirements gathering, data analysis, system design, development, implementation, and post-
implementation support. During the design phase, the role will work closely with the Data Architect to
produce data models that follow industry best practices and company standards. During the
development phase, the role will perform database development, and ETL (extraction, transformation,
and loading) development. This role serves as a lead and/or mentor to peers and less experienced
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering,
or related field with programming and database systems coursework or equivalent database
• 4+ years of experience in an ETL Developer role with exposure to Data Management, Data
Warehousing, or Business Intelligence
• 5+ years of experience with SQL
• Experience with data warehouse tasks consisting of mapping, architecture design,
requirements management, profiling, analysis, integrity checking, impact analysis, etc.
• Experience in gathering business requirements from cross functional teams
• Proficient with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MSSQL and Visual Studio on projects
using waterfall and agile methodologies
Experience with SDLC processes and TFS or comparable source control tool
• 6+ years of experience ina n ETL Developer role with exposure to Data Management, Data
Warehousing, or Business Intelligence
• Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) version 2016, MSSQL Server 2016,
and Visual Studio 2015
• Experience with the following tools:
OLAP (SSAS or comparable product)
ERWin, ERStudio, or other comparable data modeling tool
Redgate, or other comparable data comparison tool
Star and snowflake schemas
• Experience with data analysis in the healthcare industry
• Experience in a team or project lead role, with a focus on mentoring
• Collaborate with users, business analysts, developers, database administrators, and project
managers on reporting and data management projects.
• Serves as a lead in determining logic for database development; mentors less experienced
• Gather ETL requirements from business analysts and owners to produce requirements
• Collaborate with data architect to create conceptual, logical, and physical data models for
• Develop database objects, and create ETL processes.
• Create databases, table spaces, tables, indexes, triggers, procedures, and other database
• Defines the content and structure of the database (schema) and advises users on efficient
techniques for extracting data.
• Implement changes and provide post-implementation user support and system support.
• Provide informed feedback to the Information Technology staff to support the design,
development, and implementation of TriWest's data architecture for historical reporting and
• Identify and advocates beneficial change opportunities.
• Acts as a technical resource for application and data users, data administrators and others.
• Ensures compliance with TriWest HIPAA, privacy and government security policies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Strong knowledge of data warehouse design; data modeling; proficiency with SQL; strong experience
with data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL); working knowledge of report and dashboard
development; strong knowledge of SQL Server databases; working knowledge of Oracle databases.
Problem Solving / Analysis
Ability to solve problems through systematic analysis of processes with sound judgment; Has a realistic
understanding of relevant issues.
Ability to organize people or tasks, adjust to priorities, learn systems, within time constraints and with
available resources; Detail-oriented.
Multi-Tasking / Time Management
Prioritize and manage actions to meet changing deadlines and requirements within a high volume, high
Ability to manage large amounts of complex information easily, communicates clearly, and draws sound
High Intensity Environment
Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with multiple activities occurring simultaneously while
maintaining focus and control of workflow.
Coping / Flexibility
Resiliency in adapting to a variety of situations and individuals while maintaining a sense of purpose and
mature problem-solving approach is required.
Ability to function in a multi-system Microsoft environment using Word, Outlook, TriWest Intranet, the
Internet, and department software applications.
Communication / People Skills
Ability to influence or persuade others under positive or negative circumstances; Adapt to different
styles; Listen critically; Collaborate.
o Works non-standard hours as required
o Works within a standard office environment, with less than 10% travel.
o Extensive computer work with prolonged periods of sitting